Zimbabwe to Nationalise Diamonds
IRJ -- July 25 -- The government of Zimbabwe has approved a policy that will enforce the government’s ownership of diamonds.
The announcement was made by Finance minister Tendai Biti in his mid-term fiscal review.
He also announced the government approval of the enactment of the Diamond Exploration Act prohibiting the exportation of rough diamonds. An additional move, mandated in a clause of a finance bill gazetted late last week, gives officers from the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority the authority to inspect any diamond mine in the country.
- Deep Well Appoints Experienced Banker and Entrepreneur to Its Board of Directors
- Cardero Announces Establishment of USD 5.0M Secured Line of Credit
- Australian uranium mine suffers radioactive acid spill
- Coro Signs Binding Heads of Agreement for San Jorge
- Southern Silver Completes Purchase Of Oro Property