Zimbabwe to Nationalise Diamonds
IRJ -- July 25 -- The government of Zimbabwe has approved a policy that will enforce the government’s ownership of diamonds.
The announcement was made by Finance minister Tendai Biti in his mid-term fiscal review.
He also announced the government approval of the enactment of the Diamond Exploration Act prohibiting the exportation of rough diamonds. An additional move, mandated in a clause of a finance bill gazetted late last week, gives officers from the Zimbabwe Revenue Authority the authority to inspect any diamond mine in the country.
- Grasberg mine collapse death toll stops at 28
- East West Adopts Advance Notice Policy
- Bear Lake Gold Provides an Update on its Larder Lake Gold Project
- Glen Eagle Signs Important Mining Agreements in Nicaragua
- TransAlta Updates Return-To-Service Dates for Keephills 1 and Sundance 1 Power Plants